Thursday, May 24, 2012

I would like to say a great big "THANK YOU" to Lara and the BYG volunteers/staff for providing me with such a wonderful garden! I have learned so much from this program, and am so excited for the opportunity to create a really amazing garden. I never would have been able to afford all of this on my own, and I am truly grateful. I have already harvested my first bowl of spinach and a side salad's worth of lettuce! I can't believe that I am able to grow 3 types of tomatoes, peas, radishes, 2 types of onions, 2 types of lettuce, carrots, basil, kale, broccoli, spinach, melon (and soon cukes and green beans) all in my own side-yard. And I live on a busy main street with little yard to boot! Thank you so much! I hope to volunteer and give back to the program next year so that other family's can have the same opportunity. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment